Thursday, July 5, 2012

Artwork Inspired By Rueben Paterson

At our visit to the Auckland Art Gallery Room Ten were inspired by the work of Rueben Paterson. We loved his glittered artwork "Whakapapa, get down on your knees" and wanted to make our own version.
In our artwork we have each contributed 8 squares which we liked or felt represented ourselves. We have joined these pieces together with our classmates make to the large work which represents our class, Room Ten.
Watch the time lapse video that follows in our next post to see how we joined all our pieces together to make a giant artwork for our Art Exhibition.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Fabulous Room 10. I can't wait to see the time lapse video. Hope you are all having a great holiday.

Mrs Burt

Anamei said...

Hi room 10 you amazed me with your drawing that you made it reall inspires me i wish i went with you to your class trip.Keep up the good work. From Anamei

reremoanaroom132012 said...

Hello Room 10,

Your artwork looks really great.I think that you are really talented.
Were you guys trained?
Speaking of art, that leads me to the art that my class did in Term 1.You can have a look at it anytime.Keep up the good work and hope to hear from you soon.
Cheers!
From:Veni

Anonymous said...

Hi Room 10

I have just read your blog, which we think is amazing! I love the way you have responded to Reuben's work at the gallery by making your own art. Your work is fantastic and I love the way you put the whole class's work together to make one giant artwork. I'm so glad the trip to the art gallery inspired you to continue creating when you got back to school. We loved working with Room 10 Point England School. From one of the gallery educators, Mandy.